Thursday, January 21, 2010


Julius Recardo Young - My Hair Lives ON!

Executed January 14, 2010 06:27 p.m. CDT by Lethal Injection in Oklahoma
Joyland Morgan was a 20 year old who told Young that she wanted to cool their relationship, and asked for her apartment key back. Two days later she and her 6 year old son Kewan, were found beaten to death in their Tulsa apartment. Their wounds indicated the murder weapon was a blunt instrument similar to a baseball bat, but the murder weapon was never found. Ms. Morgan sustained defensive wounds, and at least thirteen blows to her face and head. Kewan Morgan died in his bed. He sustained massive head fractures caused by two separate blows. According to her mother, Joyslon Edwards, Joyland Morgan secured her front door with two locks and a security chain every night. The intruder opened both locks with a key and pushed through the security chain, breaking it. A piece of the broken chain was missing from the apartment. Edwards also testified she saw a baseball bat in Young's trunk the night before the murders, but the next day it was gone. She had also seen a piece of chain in Young's pocket the day after the murders. A search warrant for Young's residence revealed shoes with a visible spot of blood. Young volunteered that the drop was fish blood. DNA testing revealed the drop was human blood consistent with that of Joyland and Kewan Morgan. The police also recovered a freshly laundered shirt which tested positive for blood when it was exposed to luminol.
Final/Special Meal:
A sirloin steak, a baked potato, onion rings, a tossed salad and a Coke. What - No Fried chicken?
Final Words:
"I am an innocent man. This is a miscarriage of justice,” Young said in a rambling final statement, in which he denied being at the scene of the 1993 killings and that he had been let down by the legal system. "I didn’t take the lives of Joyland Morgan and her son Kewan. My attorney failed me. It’s a tragedy. I’m an innocent man. To my family, I love you.”
The Execution
The lethal drugs began to flow at 6:21 p.m. Young took a few last gasps of air and fell silent. was pronounced dead at 6:27 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment