Thursday, July 14, 2011


Durango, Colorado (SafeCITY) - Sean Michael Ogden, a 19-year-old Durango man was seriously burned Monday after he placed fireworks into an electric coffee grinder and the mixture exploded.

According to police, the teen was attempting to break down fireworks that he had purchased so that he could make larger fireworks.

Investigators say the man downloaded information from the Internet that explained how to build larger fireworks from smaller ones. Officials believe that friction inside the grinder was likely responsible for igniting the blast.
The explosion that resulted shook the house of a fire inspector who lives almost four blocks away.

No comments:

Post a Comment