Thursday, May 27, 2010

WHERE'S DINNER!


Sissonville, West Virginia (SafeCITY) - Guy Jones, a 60-year-old West Virginia man, was arrested for allegedly setting his house on fire because his dinner wasn’t ready.

According to the Kanawha County Sheriff's Office, Jones came home after drinking with his friends and became angry with his wife because his dinner wasn't on the table.

Investigators say Jones and his wife, Beverly, got into a fight and Beverly ran to a neighbor's house.

She saw Jones leaving the residence as flames had already engulfed the basement. The home was a complete loss.

"He started throwing furniture and end tables and tore up all the glass and all the cabinets," Beverly said. "Then he told me I had to get out because he was going to burn the place down, and if I didn't get out he would burn me with the house."

So is the honeymoon finally over for Mr. and Mrs. Jones? Apparently so.

"We're headed for divorce court just as fast as I can get there," said Beverly. "I hope I don't see him again."

Jones was booked into the South Central Regional Jail on a charge of first-degree arson. His bond was set at $50,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment